Why We Love Second Hand At Reidys.
/ October 2nd, 2023 / There are currently 0 comments
We Buy and Sell Second Hand.
There are several reasons why someone might want to buy second-hand instruments:
- Cost-effectiveness: Second-hand instruments are often significantly cheaper than brand new ones. Buying used instruments can be a cost-effective way to pursue musical interests without breaking the bank.
- Value for money: In some cases, second-hand instruments can provide better value for money compared to new instruments. By purchasing a used instrument, musicians can sometimes get a higher quality instrument than they would be able to afford if buying new.
- Availability of discontinued models: Instruments can go out of production or undergo significant design changes over time. By searching the second-hand market, musicians may be able to find the specific instrument they desire, even if it is no longer being manufactured.
- Environmental considerations: Opting for second-hand instruments can contribute to reducing waste and the environmental impact of manufacturing new instruments. By reusing existing instruments, musicians can help promote sustainability and reduce the demand for new resources.
- Character and history: Some musicians appreciate the character and history that come with used instruments. Vintage instruments, for example, may have a unique sound that has developed over time, and they can carry a sense of nostalgia or story behind them. This can add a certain charm and personality to the instrument and enhance the musical experience for the player.
There could be several reasons why someone may choose to sell to us rather than using eBay. Here are a few possibilities:
- Convenience: Selling directly to us can be more convenient for the seller. You don’t have to go through the process of creating an eBay listing, dealing with shipping logistics, or potentially having to communicate with multiple buyers. Selling directly may be a simpler and quicker option.
- Cost: eBay charges fees to sellers for using their platform. By selling directly to us you can avoid this as eBay’s cut can be up to 10% of the price.
- Part Exchange: At Reidys we can part exchange your second hand item for something else you would like. This allows you have have one smooth transaction.
- Trust: Depending on the circumstances, selling to an actual store may feel more reliable than a buyer on eBay that could potentially return the product back to you.
- Negotiation: Selling directly to us can provide an opportunity for negotiation. However, this is difficult to do on eBay, as there are fixed policies and processes.